Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sup.

First off, thanks Brett. Ecuador has been great. I´m not really prepared to make a fully engaging blog entry with pictures since I´m only able to spend a few scant moments typing away at... 8.53PM in an internet bar north of the jungle town I´m staying in. I´m currently in Tena and will return to Hostal >Pissano with 7 other ex-patriots to Masiualli tonight. I can´t stress enough how good the 3 gormet meals a day at the place I´m staying are, or the general accomidations, or the friendly locals. We´ve made quick friends with our hostess Eunice, who expertly runs the internationally acclaimed hostal, as well as Alejandro, a local character with quite a story to tell-- he´s ended up running a Tex-Mex resturant and mart in the local square. The local square, infact, equates to 80% of the village, something like the campus of St. Ed´s. The weather is a lot like Austin; not too hot, never known as cold, and the bugs are almost the same. Guitars, good food, monkies, fishing, recording sound for a feature film... masny things I hope I can expound upon and hopèfully suppliment their mentions with pictures and video later on, but now the cafe is closing. Tommorow is another day of work and good food and fast friends way south of the border.
I´ll have regular internet access in 1.5 weeks back at the foster-home, but until then, my communication may be sparse and full of cliffhangers. I may find this hard because I can´t find any question marks on the key board here, thus, my writing style has taken a turn from the often-times interogative and more towards the brashly confident, which isn´t as interesting or true. I can make Ñ´s, though.
Anyways, did I mention I was tired and they´re closing...
Hasta Luego mi familia.

ps. I´m not spellchecking anything until I´m back in Quito.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I thought you were staying in an orphanage??

??quessstion marrkkksss ammerricaan stylllee

gb said...

good to hear you are alive. dont let the monkeys steal your pocket money. also let them eat the dates first in case they are poisoned like in raiders...